Welcome to Scarborough Financial Group, LLC
Our Mission is to provide access to appropriate investments and the strategic planning in order to educate, preserve, and grow our clients assets.
Our passion is to enable our clients to achieve their goals, provide for their loved ones, and live in retirement with confidence.
The principle that guides us is simple:
Always do what is in the clients best interest!!!
“The starting point of all achievement is desire. Keep this constantly in mind. Weak desires bring weak results, just as a small fire makes a small amount of heat.” – Napoleon Hill
The first step is the hardest, but we start by assisting you to…
- Save enough for a comfortable retirement by identifying your retirement needs, analyzing your assets and sources of retirement income, reviewing estimated shortfalls, and identifying the best ways to save for retirement given your situation and risk tolerance.
- Pay for your child’s college education by accurately estimating the amount of money you’ll need, analyzing your assets, reviewing estimated shortfalls and considering general alternatives and strategies to help address these potential shortfalls, and developing an optimal savings plan given your situation and risk tolerance.
- Protect your family in case you become disabled by helping to ensure you have enough money in your emergency fund and analyzing your life, disability, long term care. We also review your will and various powers of attorney designed to take care of your affairs in the event you are incapacitated and can’t manage them yourself.
- Achieve your investment goals by identifying the steps needed to potentially enhance your investment returns as well as the steps needed to help reduce your risk while building increased confidence in your investment returns.
- Leave a legacy for your heirs by maximizing the value of your estate by saving tax dollars, professional fees, and court costs. As well as minimizing the costs of probate, creditors, lawyers, and estate taxes, which can negatively impact the value of your estate. We also help you stay in control of your affairs by providing a road map for passing your estate on to your heirs.
Spotting Credit Trouble
The wise use of credit is a critical skill. These 10 questions will help you assess your skill level.
U.S. Personal Savings Rate
What can be learned from the savings rate?
All Muni Bonds Are Not Created Equal
Gaining a better understanding of municipal bonds makes more sense than ever.
Knowing the rules may help you decide when to start benefits.
Regardless of how you approach retirement, there are some things about it that might surprise you.
Understanding some basic concepts may help you assess whether zero-coupon bonds have a place in your portfolio.
Have income that isn’t subject to tax withholding? Or insufficient withholdings? You may have to pay estimated taxes.
Life insurance proceeds are generally tax-free. But not in all cases.
The care of special-needs children continues into their adult years, and may survive the passing of their parents.
This calculator helps estimate your federal estate tax liability.
This calculator will help determine whether you should invest funds or pay down debt.
Enter various payment options and determine how long it may take to pay off a credit card.
This calculator estimates the savings from paying a mortgage bi-weekly instead of monthly.
This calculator can help you estimate how much you may need to save for retirement.
Estimate your monthly and annual income from various IRA types.
Principles that can help create a portfolio designed to pursue investment goals.
A number of questions and concerns need to be addressed to help you better prepare for retirement living.
Using smart management to get more of what you want and free up assets to invest.
The importance of life insurance, how it works, and how much coverage you need.
Learn how to harness the power of compound interest for your investments.
Would you guess that Millennials are effectively saving for retirement? Well, they are.
A visit to the hospital can be painful, for both your body and your wallet. Don’t let it be more painful than it has to be.
Do you know how long it may take for your investments to double in value? The Rule of 72 is a quick way to figure it out.
Roth IRAs are tax advantaged in a different way from traditional IRAs.
Selecting a mortgage isn't an easy process. Get a better understanding of how professionals make the right decisions.